Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fourth weekend

So let's just say I've been slacking! We've had a crazy few weeks, but I wanna update everything here :) 
Our 4th of July weekend was so much fun! Bryce and Aline came up from Texas for a few days! It was so much fun! I loved just being with them and laughing. Man, we missed them! We hung out A LOT last summer when we lived literally less than a block away! So having them here felt like the good old days. Well better because our babies are here and we're not huge and pregnant in the summer! :) 
Here's our weekend mostly in pictures :) 

Brett had to work on the 4th, so D and I and Dana hung out and watched like three fireworks. Then met up with the guys late that night at IHOP! 
Bryce and Aline got here late on the 5th. We still managed to do a lot of catching up until late :) We hadnt seen them since April! Seemed like a lot longer!

Sunday after church we ate some lunch, took a little nap and then drove into town! 
The Botanical gardens has a fun playground and it's a beautiful walk! 





What you see:

What it's really like:





After the gardens we came back to our apartment and grilled some chicken and vegetables. So yummy. These cousins sure loved each other! 

Also we just had to play with some sparklers! 





These 2 are only 3 months apart. They were also exhausted. Let's not talk about the humidity in this part of the country... 

This little dude loves cookies and cousins


The next morning we got up really early to go to Tuttles Tiger Safari! It was so much fun, all the animals were really close and interactive. 


We fell in love with this little monkey! 





I mean seriously, Have you ever had a monkey reach out to you with his tail? Or his hand? 



Then there was this tiny dude. He was so excited, it'd just run back and forth and make high pitched noises! 

And this dude, there was a hole in the glass. You stick your finger in there and he'd lick you. Hah a life size king from Madagascar! 



I have a thing for bears. They freak me out of course, but there's something about a huge teddy bear that gets me so excited! So I ran to him, all by myself. 
You don't understand, this is a tiny zoo. There was no one there. I ran to see the bear because I was partly too hot to sit still and partly scared he'd go hide before I saw him. 
So there I was, just chatting with him, when all. Of a sudden he got on his two hind legs and started shaking the fence. I ran out of there before I could even blink. I wish that part was caught on video. But here's the rest :) He didn't like me to say the least. The zoo keeper says she's never seen him do that. 


More monkeys. Deacon was fascinated! 


They loved the babies. If they actually touched your hand, they'd try to pull you tpwards them. So that's as close as Deacon got :) 


I think it's safe to say D loved the tortoises. 

I love my family❤️

 


Just facing some fears over here! It actually felt like a fake snake, until it started moving!!!

And best for last! We had to pay extra to pet the tiger so we weren't planning on it but on our way out it was his feeding time. The zoo keeper was so nice to let us pet him for free. 
Isn't he beautiful? 
10 weeks old! 


So much fun! We rushed home so Brett could get to work. Then met up and ate some Thai food. It was actually really yummy! I was pleasantly surprised! Shrimp spring rolls were my favorite!!  


We finished off our weekend with a cupcake and some candies from Pinkitzel! So goooood, and so cute inside.
Sure love this sister of mine! Brazilian sisters in the Kendrick clan ❤️


We were so sad to have them leave but we loved having them here! It was such a good time!! Who knows when the next time we will see each other! Hopefully soon❤️






















No comments:

Post a Comment