Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A wife. A mom. Life full of love.




There's nothing in this world I'd rather be doing. Spending my whole day with this tiny Brett is my favorite! 
I find it funny how many people quickly tell me their opinions about stay at home moms. How many people tell me I need to do something else, I need to finish school, I need to get a job and be productive. It often surprises me how often I get asked.... "So what do you do all day?"
I've had plenty of angry moments, plenty of frustrated, and emotional moments because of other peoples judgement and comments. Instead of dwelling on those feelings, I just have nothing but compassion towards those people. 
How sad that they don't yet know the beautiful role of a mother. 
I could write very mean things but the more I think about it, the more I value my role of a mother. 
There is no other job more important. 

I've never, ever wanted to be anything else. Growing up, this is how I thought my life would look like. This is how I hoped it would go. It wasn't an accident or settling. I've always dreamed about having a house full of kids. Always dreamed about being that mom that participates in everything. Making dinner, doing laundry, chasing tiny babes, sewing(still mastering that one), going to little league games, laughing with my family, going on play dates, going on Friday night dates, and being the one the whole family depends on. 

Of course, my view of motherhood was a lot easier than what it's really like at times. I didn't know how hard it would be to sit down and enjoy a meal when you have an eleven month old. 
I didn't know how much longer most things would take with a child. 
Didn't realize the many, many sleepless nights we'd have. 
The constant mess in the kitchen, living room, bathroom and everywhere else.
Didn't think going out baby free would sometimes be the best thing you can do for yourself.  
Didn't believe it when everyone who's been there before told me that time goes by too fast, kids grow up too fast. 
Didn't know that I'd have to constantly work on patience and kindness. 
Or that sometimes, when it's been an extra long day with no sleep, messy house, long work hours, crying baby, all you can really do is lock yourself in your room and not deal with anything for ten minutes. 
This is the hardest, most frustrating job sometimes. 

Yet, when I think of my sweet family, my home, my life, all I have are good thoughts. All I really think is, I'm so incredibly blessed with this life I've been given. All I remember at night after those long, hard days are how much I love Deacon, how much I love Brett and how much I love, love, LOVE being a mother. 
And there's nothing else I'd rather do. None else I'd rather do it with! ❤️

So I guess when more critics cross my path, I better just not listen. People who say those things don't know or don't understand. 

I read an article that says that mothers are the most fulfilled. But to add to that, I think with the right attitude mothers can also be the happiest of all. There is so much to be happy about in this calling. I'm happy to be a mom. I'm happy to be a wife. So happy! 
I love my life❤️ There's nothing in this world I'd rather do! 



No comments:

Post a Comment