Saturday, August 16, 2014

Scared to death

I don't even want to write it down... But we had a very scary trip to the emergency room this week! 
My mom had just moped the floors, so it was still damp when all of a sudden D came waddling by and boom,slipped and  fell back on his head! 
He tried to cry, you know that gasping for air babies do and it gives you anxiety and you tell them to breathe? Well, he does that a lot. So he's doing that for a while and we're all telling him to breathe, then all of a sudden he gives up and goes limp. 
Not breathing and not responding, and he went blue in the face. My mom rushes outside, my aunt grabs him and starts doing baby CPR, he still isn't breathing so we all jump in the car to rush him to the hospital. In the car he took two small breaths. But still unresponsive. 
We rush him inside, doctors everywhere are testing this and touching that and he's in and out of consciousness. All I knew to do was keep saying his name, keep him awake. 
It wasn't until the nurses started pricking him with needles to try and find the right vein that he fully woke up and started crying. It was such a relief but also very sad. 
He then had tests and tests done. We waited for a long time in the room while he had one too many things attached to him. He really hated those and so did I. 

The Doctor then came in and told us he probably had a minor concussion and a small seizure. We had to stay overnight for monitoring :( 


It was a long sleepless night. But his vitals were perfect and healthy. So in the morning we could go home! 
Dr Horkley came in and checked on him, and he was doing great. He diagnosed it as a No breathing spell, which basically means that when he gets anxious or doesn't get his way he holds his breath. He said it might happen again. :( 
The funny thing is Brett used to do that as a kid. So please Deacon, don't do that to me. It's not fun or funny at all! 


This little boy is my everything. He makes me laugh all the time, makes me so proud, gives me the best feeling in the world everytime he giggles and is my constant companion! We're best friends and I don't know what life would be like without him! I'm glad I don't have to find out!! 

This picture describes our little trip to the ER perfectly. Nerves, crying face, lots of pokes, and a blur. But it was also such a relief to see him so brave and strong. It was such a relief to see him want his Oreos and smile and be silly. It was a shocking experience but I'm so glad this little bug is now safely in my arms. Where he will stay as long as he wants to be! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment