Tuesday, January 27, 2015

So many changes..

Deacon officially sleeps all through the night again! Woo! Teething, nursing and all our moves have made it hard for him and me to adjust to a normal sleep schedule, but we're now sleeping through the night! Well, he is, my body is still adjusting.. Because I still wake up, but we'll get there! So that's why I'm up so late tonight... I just can't sleep. My brain won't shut down, and it just might be because I also ended up taking a nap with Deacon today hah 
As I lay here trying to make my brain shut down, all I can think of is how crazy life is. How busy and how fast it is. I've been looking at old blogposts and old pictures thinking, what a different life I had just a year ago. What a different life I had just six months ago. What a different girl I was just this summer. 
Not a bad different, and not completely different, but different. Does anyone else notice these things? 
I keep thinking about our family and all our moves this past year and all our moves since we've been married. It's like we've been married 8 years with the all the moves and new friends and stages in our short 3 years. 
And sometimes I see pictures and miss that girl or miss that stage. Miss living here or there and miss those friends. Sometimes I wish I could go back and fix some things or work harder for certain things, or I wish I could've done my own thing more and let go of people who weren't good for me back then. 
Yet, with all these little things, the thing I love most about it all, is that all our moves, all the people who have come and gone into our lives have shaped us into who we are today. 
I'm just so thankful for progression. I can't go back and fix things or go back and live those special moments again but I can get better. I can make my new moments better and I can learn from mistakes and keep on going. 
I'll never get to relive this first year of Deacon's life, so I'm so grateful I've fully enjoyed it. I need to be like that about more things. Just live with no regrets, live without fear, live with purpose. 
Next year, I'll probably be different. Well who knows, maybe this summer I'll be different... And I pray it's for the better. 
There isn't a better plan, you know? The Lord knows exactly what He's doing! Now I just wonder if life will be this fast in the eternities! Sometimes I'm not sure if I like how fast it goes by or not ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment