Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Helping Mama

The best little dude in all the land. He has the sweetest, funniest personality.
Today was a good day. He held my hand lots to guide me places and helped me on the yard.
I was pretty accomplished today, I did a lot and once D woke up from a nap, I still had lots of time before dinner so I decided to finally clean the back patio. 
We had leaves from the fall just hanging out.. :( oops! 
So I raked them and put them in a garbage bag. My favorite part of being a mom is teaching and doing things with Deacon. So I taught him to pull weeds, probably a good thing that's all we got back there because he was just pulling out everything. :) 
He picked up plenty of leaves for me. He's such a little helper. If I'm sweeping, he grabs the dust pan, if I'm wiping something, he wants his own rag. It's so fun to have a little shadow. 
We filled a big garbage bag and I tied it up, and D being the big helper he is, tried so so hard to pull the big bag of leaves. He's such a hard working little man. The bag was twice his size but he did manage to slide it for a minute. 
That's when I realized how much he likes to help. How much he wants to be involved, it just warms my heart. 
Lately I've been too focused on one too many things, too many problems- problems that aren't even my own. 
Watching Deacon today reminded me I need to slow down. I need to breathe fresh air, help others and work hard. 
I'm so blessed to have this sweet soul that teaches me everyday. He's the very best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment