Saturday, August 30, 2014

Deacons first birthday

We celebrated Deacon's birthday a day early because we were flying out to Oklahoma the next day. It was such a fun night. I can't believe this day had come and gone and my D is one now!
I miss the day just thinking about it. I just wanna start by saying, we've got the best -the best- family and friends. 
I had so much help, and so much support from everyone who came and it meant the world to me. Especially because I didn't have Brett with us since he was still working in Oklahoma. 

Anyways... Deacons first birthday in picture form! I love my boy and his Oreo obsession. 
Most people don't understand how much he loves Oreos. If I wasn't his mom I wouldn't believe it either but he sees that blue packaging and gets all excited. 
Not just excited but he begs for them. Or in this case, cries- full on cries and throws a fit until I gave him one. And I did because it was his birthday, but I had to strip him all down and clean a mess. All before his guests arrived. 



This is how he really felt about a photo shoot. Haha he was exhausted. 




Jetters and D, two best buds. I love these two little boys. It's so much fun to see them play, and love each other. They really do love each other, they both get so excited to play together! 


Grandma loving❤️ this Grandma loves this little one like her own. She's a total helicopter Grandma and not ashamed of it. This one will be spoiled forever. :) 


Grandma and Grandpa Kendrick. I don't think there's one person who doesn't love Deacon. These two love him so much. It's so fun for me to see their eyes and his light up when they see each other. Deacon loves them and they love everything about him.  


My tiny best friend, happy birthday. 
Can't believe I've been your mama for a year. Thank you for loving me. 
There's no one in the world who loves you as much as I do. Except for maybe your daddy ;) 


Oreo party. 
Oreos&Milk - Oreo cupcakes - and a tiny Oreo cake :) 


Also, Angie made THE best tres leches cupcakes. Seriously, they were gone in 3 seconds. I sure lucked out in the sister In Law department. 


When we sang happy birthday all he did was point at his Oreos. That's all he wanted. 


I mean seriously. I've never seen such ha cute addiction :) 


These two are the cutest. Deacon has always loved our Bree Bree, when he was younger he'd see her and start smiling. He's such a little ladies man :) 


Now, I couldn't have pulled off this party without the help of my sweet mama and my aunt. These two helped me cook, bake, clean and everyone was raving about their yummies. It was so good. I'm craving Coxinha right now just looking at the pictures :) 

Girls. Always pulling faces for pictures. I love them. 



His face says it all, just let me eat my Oreos. These two love each other. They'll be buddies forever. 


My best friend❤️ she's the sweetest. She understands me and doesn't push my boundaries. Yet she pushes me to be the best that I can be and trusts me. I'm so grateful for her! It's been so fun to be married friends and have babies close in age. Also, our babies love each other and our hubbies chat on the phone like they've been friends forever! Best kind of friendship right there :) 

My cute little eater! He's been eating so good lately, I'm such a happy mama! 


My beautiful sister in law, she's the best helper. She always goes above and beyond. Helped me set up for the party, made the yummiest cupcakes and loved on D all night. I'm so lucky. 
I'm surrounded by the best people. 


It was the best little party. 
Except for Brett wasn't there :( we Facetimed for most of it and we saved smashing the cake for when we were together. 


This has been my favorite year❤️ One full year with this sweet little spirit and one full year of being a mom. 
I love this crazy, beautiful life.
Most days, I'm chasing Deacon up and down, left and right. And sometimes it's not so glamorous, sometimes I look like
I haven't slept in days, my house is a mess and I think I can't handle one more minute and then D looks at me and giggles. Or he starts doing his cute little pouty lip and my whole heart melts. 
When I look at that perfect little soul, I'm reminded why I do this job and why it's so important. It's been a year full of growth. It's been a year full of happiness. 
I love this life. 
I love this role. 
I love this calling. 
I'm so blessed to be his Mamae. I don't want to do anything else. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment